Kenkō Kenkō No Mi (健康, Health-Health Fruit) is a paramecia type devil fruit whose most recent consumer is Toko Haley. After consuming the fruit, the user can affect the overall health of any living organism of their volition, making them a Health Human (健康人間, Kenkō Ningen).
- “Kenkō” means health in japanese.
- In the English versions, it is called the Health-Health Fruit.
Every existing devil fruit has their own level of uniqueness, and appear different in every way to ordinary fruits and other devil fruits as well. Like devil fruits the Kenkō Kenkō No Mi has several defining characteristics such as, the fruit itself taking on a similar identity to that of a gooseberry, except for its intricate pattern which the ordinary fruit does not have. The fruit is primarily a light green, with a much lighter color located on the middle with a circular pattern, and numerous dark green stripes going around the fruit.
Strengths And Weaknesses Edit
As the name suggests, the Kenkō Kenkō No Mi involves the health of themselves or various individuals, enabling the user to alter it in any way they please. The user’s powers on themselves is demonstrated on a nearly daily basis, as the user can regenerate upon being harmed in any way. This ability was shown when Toko Halley was a young child who fell and scrapped her knee, simply to have the wound heal almost immediately, as though it were never there in the first place. The user’s powers heal themselves through targeting their cells which are what we’re made up; making them multiply which covers any damaged area with new uninjured skin cells. The user can also repair their own bones if broken, as the osteocytes are targeted, speeding up the process without the potential failure of a bone healing incorrectly. The user can regenerate themselves from various afflictions ranging from a simple scratch, to the dismemberment of limbs.
With the user’s abilities, the Kenkō Kenkō No Mi also allows them to be immune from nearly every disease and toxin, the only exception being smoke. As shown from a young age Haley was always described as a healthy child, since she has never been reported ill by anyone. She was also completely immune from the plague that ravaged her village. This ability targets the leukocytes (White Blood Cells) present in an individual, and can increase the white cell count, ultimately successfully fighting off any bacteria or infection that can harm the body. Due to the user being immune from most toxins, they’re able to battle against nearly any opponent with poisonous based substances with no anxiety towards the outcome, as the battle will have a probability of ending in their favor.
When this power is applied to those around the user, the individual can be healed of their wounds if the user were to come into contact with them. Examples of this are shown almost daily when Toko uses her powers to heal individuals seeking her assistance. Those suffering from blindness may regain their sight, those who lost their hearing will hear again, and those with no arms will once again be able to hold their families. Wounds inflicted on the user’s allies in battle can be healed within moments enabling them to continue fighting as if their injuries were never even inflicted.
Regarding the user’s immunity against toxins and diseases, they can apply their attributes to others to an extent. Like the other skill that heals another’s physical injuries, the Kenkō Kenkō No Mi user must come into contact with the individual. They then increase the individual’s white blood cell count or strengthen the ones already present to fight off various infections and toxins, that would normally kill them. Adding onto increasing one’s immunity, the user of the Kenkō Kenkō No Mi can also decrease one’s immunity as well; making them even more susceptible. The user can eliminate or to some extent lessen the number of Leukocytes present in an individual, making something as simple as a cough fatale.
Though the user of this fruit can heal virtually any wound or ailment, constantly using the factor for others can take a toll on the user. Abilities such as constantly healing wounds almost immediately after they’re inflicted requires a great deal of energy that can harm the users themselves, even to the point where they will become comatose. The user’s ability to increase the immunity of others against toxins also has its limits, as their ally cannot become completely immune like them. The individual will temporarily have a much stronger immune system than normal, but may have a chance at being susceptible to poisons depending on the toxicity. Regarding the user’s immunity against most toxins, the user remains susceptible to smoke inhalation. Due to the smoke simply disrupting the air flow by filling their lungs rather than injuring them through any lacerations, they’re incapable of protecting anyone against objects such as those which aren’t affiliated with the leukocytes.
- Kenkō Kenkō No Body Restore (身体の修復 Karada no shūfuku, literally “Restoration of The Body”): This is one of the Kenkō Kenkō No Mi’s most prominent abilities, as the user will constantly generate new cells once the previous one’s are damaged which can occur through battle, or simply through the aging process. The user whether this is a conscious decision, will always be in a state of healing. When in battle the user’s wounds will heal almost after, or as the wound is made, making it seem as though they are undamaged and could fight for a great duration of time.
- Mudoku (無毒 Mudoku, literally ‘Nontoxic”): In addition to being able to heal their physical injuries constantly upon consumption of the fruit, the user’s immune system is also increased quite radically. The immune system primarily based on the Leukocytes present and abilities to fight off infections is amplified; both multiplying them number of White Blood Cells, and strengthening them, making the user immune to most toxins (the exception being smoke).
- Venom Vaccine (毒ワクチン Doku wakuchin, literally “Poison Vaccine”): In addition to being immune to almost everything, Haley can increase the immune systems of others. Targeting her intended ally’s or client’s leukocytes, she can multiply the number to fend off against diseases they might have. With the increased number of white blood cells, the individual can rid their body of any disease, no matter what the affliction is. In battle against an opponent using toxic based items, Haley can use the same process which will render the poisonous effects useless, as her ally will most likely be immune towards it.
- Auto Regeneration (自動再生 Jidō saisei, literally “Autoplay”): A skill used almost every day, Haley can use her abilities to assist others suffering from any physical handicap. From a young age, Haley has been harnessing this ability by serving as her home town primary doctor. As a freelancer, she often uses her powers to restore the lost limbs of individuals, or other things that they may have lost such as their sight or even their hearing. In battle, she can be extremely dependable as she can heal others’ injuries relatively with ease.
- Rapid Restore (迅速なリストア Jinsokuna risutoa, literally “Quick Restore): In addition to being immune to almost everything, Haley can increase the immune systems of others. Targeting her intended ally’s or client’s leukocytes, she can multiply the number to fend off against diseases they might have. With the increased number of white blood cells, the individual can rid their body of any disease, no matter what the affliction is. In battle against an opponent using toxic based items, Haley can use the same process which will render the poisonous effects useless, as her ally will most likely be immune towards it.
As a toddler Haley wandered from her village, eventually arriving at a spring, and taking refuge in a cave. The animals of the spring took pity on the child and brought her fruit while a certain one, would appear different from the others. After being found by Jack’s family and being taken home, she would injure herself, only to have her wounds heal automatically. Her powers would know no bounds to her, as she would also do this for another girl whom injured herself, thus forcing Haley into the role of her village’s doctor position.
- The ability of this fruit greatly resembles the properties of Piccolo and various other namekians from the Dragonball series.
- Her Restoration of The Body ability is similar to that of the Strength of a Hundred Technique used by several characters in the Naruto series.
- It is also extremely similar to that of Marvel characters Deadpool and Wolverine, whose cells automatically regenerate upon being damaged.